Friday, June 27, 2014

I Almost Won the First $500k Winner-Takes-All Open Basketball Tournament

Bonner-parker9

I felt like I had been hit by a truck. My left calf twitched, an unrelenting ache lived somewhere within my right ankle, and the thought of stairs made me quiver. I fidgeted on my barstool unable to escape the discomfort.



We were driving back to New Hampshire following an overtime loss in the semi-finals of The Basketball Tournament (TBT), a startup 32-team, single-elimination, $500,000 winner-takes-all tournament in Philadelphia. The first of its kind. And the finals are Saturday.



We exited 95 in New Haven, Connecticut and stopped at the first sports bar we could find. Game Two of the Spurs vs. Heat series was on — my brother (Matt Bonner) was playing on the biggest stage basketball has to offer, the NBA Finals. Meanwhile, I tried to make sense of the past month: temporarily escaping my sedentary office lifestyle to play in one of the most unique, bizarre and mind-boggling basketball tournaments few but hardcore basketball fans even knew about Read more...


More about Entertainment, Social Media, Features, Basketball, and Us



via Social Media http://on.mash.to/1iBHXwE

No comments:

Post a Comment