Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Inside the Meerkat Bubble, where the air is fine

Meerkat_from_ap

Two weeks ago, I’d never heard of Meerkat, the Twitter-integrated, video-live-streaming sensation that became the darling of SXSW Interactive 2015. Now I’m sitting at my desk, live-streaming me writing this post while 63 people watch


Meerkat is not some sort of breakthrough innovation. There are other broadcasting platforms like Google Hangouts and Ustream. I’ve used those tools, but not with the same level of devotion, excitement or results


What makes Meerkat special? Is it special?


I’ve been traveling on and off for three weeks. So I missed the Meerkat launch and Seth Fiegerman’s excellent story. Instead, I noticed people talking about it on Twitter, people I trust and respect. So I circled back, found the app, and tried it out Read more...


More about Live Streaming, Sxsw, Social Media, Twitter, and Apps Software



via Social Media http://on.mash.to/1EnDUZb

No comments:

Post a Comment